I Just Woke Up

It is 6:15 p.m. and I just woke up from the nap to end all naps. Holy crap, was I tired! In my younger days I could have easily eaten way too much food, drank a little bit too much, stayed up too late and got up early. Not now. I dragged myself through my day and just kept counting down the hours until the end of my day. There was a hitch though because one of our staff didn’t show up for work. He didn’t pick up his e mail last night, which we are all required to do so we can know our schedules for the next day. Anyway, he had a nice day off, no doubt, and left clients without service and the whole department scrambling. I only had to fit two of his services into my day but it added 40 km and 2 clients waiting for medication.

OK, enough of that. Christmas was so much fun! I did work yesterday but was home early. We opened gifts and in the late afternoon we went to my sister and brother-in-law’s home. My nieces were bouncing off the walls, doing exactly what they should be doing at Christmas. The littlest one let me love on her. She is 3 and talks using big words and prances around on her toes when she is excited. My brother and dad were there and my brother in law’s family who are decent people in their own right. Actually, his mom is a kindred spirit. Sadly, his dad is in a nursing home. He developed dementia fast and furious 3 years ago in his early 60’s. Nobody knows what kind of dementia but he has fine one month, the next acting a little odd then all of a sudden he was leaving the house and getting lost. He and his wife had adopted a girl that they had been fostering since she was little. She is now 12. Anyway, for his own safety he has to be in a secure facility. It has broken his family’s hearts over and and over again. Dad is still here physically but recognizes nobody, not even his wife and children.

So, Christmas was wonderful and we came home late and I was so very tired today but it was worth it. My sister had it even worse than I did because she had to be at work at 5:30! She is a manager at a pharmacy.

2014-12-25 12.29.50 This is what I did to my daughter’s hair yesterday. It looked so much better than it looks in this picture. She has very long hair so the bun was huge. The antlers were made of pipe cleaner. It took some time to attach everything with bobby pins but it looked awesome when it was done.

OK, I need to go get ready for work tomorrow. Happy Boxing Day!

12 thoughts on “I Just Woke Up

  1. LOVE what you did to your daughter’s hair. Amazing.
    Dementia is a cruel illllness, leaving families forced to mourn the person they love, and continue to see them.
    I hope the missing co-worker appears today, and your workload is lighter.

  2. Dementia is horrible. As far as Boxing Day goes I avoid shopping downtown at all costs…the crowds are ridiculous. Some people line up at the stores as early as 4 or 5 a.m., and the stores open at 1 p.m. here on Boxing Day. I cannot stand the crowds and the pushing, so I stick closer to home and away from downtown.

  3. Aside from those who were missing, it sounds like you had a lovely Christmas. I’m so glad for that. And your reindeer art made me laugh out loud.

  4. I was going to leave some sympathetic comment about the dementia, and then I scrolled down to your daughter’s hair, and I gasped! That is so awesome! I think you should do a little vlog of it!

Comments are closed.